Have you ever gone on a trip and realized that you packed everything except your toothbrush? Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. While brushing with a toothbrush is always the best option, here are some travel hacks you can do:
- Rinse with Mouthwash– Even though rinsing your mouth with mouthwash does not replace your toothbrush; this can help your breath stay fresh for longer. Try to stay away from alcohol-containing mouthwashes; these can actually worsen your breath.
- Floss- Flossing helps remove plaque and food build-up between your teeth. It also reduces the risk of gingivitis and tooth decay.
- Paper towel or cloth ‘’brushing”- wrap paper towel or cloth around your index finger and add a small amount of toothpaste. Try brushing your teeth as if you were using a toothbrush, don’t forget to brush your tongue. It’s definitely not the most comfortable way to clean your teeth, but your mouth will feel refreshed!
- Avoid candy or sugary drinks- Sugar isn’t good for your oral health, especially if you are not able to brush your teeth right after consuming it. Sugar does not only feed the bacteria in your mouth, but it can also create bad breath.
- Eat Crunchy Veggies– Snacking on some crunchy vegetable such as celery, cucumbers, or carrots can help remove plaque, and odor- causing bacteria from your teeth.
- Try Xylitol Gum- Xylitol gum is a dentist favorite (trust us, we know), and this is because xylitol is a naturally occurring diabetic- safe, low-calorie carbohydrate that helps prevent cavities! Chewing some xylitol gum can also loosen food particles stuck between your teeth and help produce more saliva.
Are you due for a dental cleaning or need to find a dentist near you? Sage Dental has more than 10 locations in Central Florida. Offering general, specialty, and cosmetic dentistry! Call us for an appointment 1-877-784-6891, with new patient packages starting as low as $29. Visit our web specials for more information and disclaimer.